So when you rent an apartment of house, you need insurance that covers you and your belongings in case of an unfortunate event. Renters’ policy will cover your personal belongings and personal liability which provides protection if a guest is accidentally injured while in your home. It can also cover you for costs associated with defending you in a lawsuit related to an injury or property damage. Or can the policy can protect you where you are held legally responsible for fire damage to your apartment or house.