Your home is most likely one of your most valuable asset and a place where your center of your life. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by a home insurance company that can help to get your home back quickly. We can help you find the insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.
The home insurance policy will be your first line of defense against a liability lawsuit from someone who gets injured on your property. In addition, a well-planned homeowner’s policy will pay to replace any of your personal property that is destroyed in a fire or other disaster.
• Dwelling (Coverage A) – Covers damage to your home or dwelling.
• Other Structure (Coverage B) – Coverages damage to other structures or buildings other than the main home structure, such as detached garage, sheds, gazebos, or fencing.
• Personal Property (Coverage C) – Covers damage to items in or on your home or dwelling.
• Loss of Use/Loss of Rent (Coverage D) – Covers costs for temporary housing, meals, etc., while your home is being restored or rebuilt. Or the loss of rent when the tenants are re-located temporarily.
• Personal/Premises Liability (Coverage E) – Covers your legal responsibility for injuries or damage to other people or property.
• Medical Payments (Coverage F) – Covers costs associated with injuries that happen to guests at your home, regardless of legal liability. Limited to an amount per person and per accident for injuries.
A good rule of thumb is to make an inventory of your home and personal belongings. Take pictures around your home and take snap shots of jewelry by laying them out. By having two inventory methods it can help expedite the claim resolution process. Many times when disaster hits we don’t remember all the things in our home, we are only thinking about how to deal with the situation. Don’t keep the list in your home. With all the technology around us, save your data in the cloud and make a hard copy to put into your safe.
It is important to keep in mind that your policy doesn’t cover damages caused by deferred or poor maintenance on your part for your home. As a homeowner, you should keep a maintenance log of items to check yearly and the last update list of items. During the fall, check your gutters to make sure that it is free from leaves and debris so when the winter storms arrive you are less likely to have flooding occur around your premises.